[xmca] FW: Dear FCC: Don't Cave on Net Neutrality

Because net neutrality is of importance to our existence as an on-line
community, I'm forwarding this political action note.

David

From: Misty Perez Truedson, FreePress.net [mailto:info@freepress.net]
Sent: Wednesday, January 06, 2010 1:55 PM
To: David H Kirshner
Subject: Dear FCC: Don't Cave on Net Neutrality

SavetheInternet.com
<http://free.convio.net/site/R?i=R2rnVJRoWyNN4o401m3dVw..>

 <http://free.convio.net/images/content/pagebuilder/11694.gif>

Time Is Running Out!
<http://free.convio.net/site/R?i=ebh_ByhHJJn6rUXnZQpZWA..>

 <http://free.convio.net/site/R?i=BnqD68HvT6wJ6gymLr9K8w..>

Take Action Now
<http://free.convio.net/site/R?i=crKp8zVLQwqhY-x0bysFdw..>

 <http://free.convio.net/images/content/pagebuilder/11693.gif>

Dear David,

2010 will be a defining year for the Internet. Will control remain in
the hands of its millions of users? Or will a few phone and cable
companies decide which Web sites you can and can't see?

The Federal Communications Commission is on the cusp of creating a final
rule that, if done right, will protect Net Neutrality - the Internet's
First Amendment - once and for all.

But they're facing intense pressure from giant telecom companies that
want to strip away our right to an open Internet.

Tell the FCC: Don't Cave to Comcast and AT&T
<http://free.convio.net/site/R?i=Uga-9P5UdFPvItZvUDAQrQ..>

The FCC has invited your feedback before they rule on Net Neutrality,
but the window for commenting is closing in a week.

The phone and cable companies and their phony front groups  have already
flooded the FCC with comments calling for an end to Net Neutrality. We
must act now <http://free.convio.net/site/R?i=_K_mMKoS8e3bAolhEfvj5g..>
, and tell the FCC in our own words to stop these companies in their
tracks.

Free Press and SavetheInternet.com have made it easy to tell your story
directly to the FCC. Just click on the link below:

Demand Net Neutrality Before It's Too Late
<http://free.convio.net/site/R?i=gNff3AYz0NGgKL_xhG2H0Q..>

How is the Internet important to your work? Why is keeping it open
essential for the issues and activities you care about? What role should
the FCC play in protecting Net Neutrality?

In your own words, tell the FCC it's time to stand up for Net
Neutrality.

By filing comments today, you can make sure no FCC commissioner can in
good conscience side with the telecom cartel against an open Internet.

Tell the FCC to protect Net Neutrality. And then use Twitter
<http://free.convio.net/site/R?i=fnMYFf3nu6yExCWdLcWqwA..>  and Facebook
<http://free.convio.net/site/R?i=lnk_BtTcmcaEZXL6u35RaA..>  to spread
the word to your friends, colleagues and family.

Thank you,

Misty Perez Truedson
Program Manager
Free Press
www.freepress.net
www.savetheinternet.com

Want to learn more? Join us on Facebook
<http://free.convio.net/site/R?i=GxOCWbIth0VpNEuHiOBI0Q..>  and follow
us on Twitter <http://free.convio.net/site/R?i=L1G90cPSYdbMPyJCMNRWsw..>
.

If you haven't already, you can also join our E-Activist list
<http://free.convio.net/site/R?i=UM3KmkEYVrk50YY4JFxirw..> .

You ( dkirsh@lsu.edu) are receiving this e-mail as an opt-in subscriber
to Free Press' E-Activist Network. You can unsubscribe
<http://free.convio.net/site/CO?i=anajkbelLRvqCfpLdYEUcEM-IaJ8zFJj&cid=1
521>  or manage your account
<http://free.convio.net/site/R?i=RHA2aA1wgzWZb8zZsUZ2vQ..>  at any time.

 <http://free.convio.net/site/PixelServer?j=PD_3D32058WbGIp6tRO4Cw..>