[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE: [xmca] Re: fiction as simulation
- To: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <email@example.com>
- Subject: RE: [xmca] Re: fiction as simulation
- From: Achilles Delari Junior <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 07:37:23 +0000
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Importance: Normal
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-archive: <http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/private/xmca>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=help>
- List-id: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca.weber.ucsd.edu>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-subscribe: <http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=unsubscribe>
- References: <email@example.com>, <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <email@example.com>
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you, Mike.
> Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2009 16:57:09 -0800
> From: email@example.com
> To: firstname.lastname@example.org
> Subject: [xmca] Re: fiction as simulation
> Of course, i *would *forget to attach the article. Here it is.
> On Sun, Dec 20, 2009 at 4:56 PM, mike cole <email@example.com> wrote:
> > Sorting through all the unread journals and seeking to bring order to the
> > helterskelter
> > of my intellectual meanderings, i came across this article that I think
> > should hold some
> > interest for xmca-o-philes.
> > As some of you know, I have an abiding interest in the idea of tertiary
> > artifacts, works of
> > art, for Wartofsky (so I learned from Yrjo), play, "alternative worlds"
> > like the 5th Dimension
> > that Peg Griffin invented and I have played in for a long time. But I also
> > teach and think (think and
> > teach?) about various communication media including novels and sitcoms.
> > This article caught
> > my attention in that odd nexus of interests: fiction as "simulations," or,
> > we might say, tertiary artifacts, or we might say, "tools to think with."
> > Delete or read along, as the mood catches you.
> > mike
Com o Internet Explorer 8 você tem seu contéudo favorito em poucos cliques. Conheça!
xmca mailing list