[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[xmca] Re: Mind, Culture, and Activity: An International Journal - Decision on Manuscript ID MCA-09-53
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: [xmca] Re: Mind, Culture, and Activity: An International Journal - Decision on Manuscript ID MCA-09-53
- From: "Monica E. Nilsson" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 23:05:27 +0100
- Cc: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <email@example.com>, Tamara Powell <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-archive: <http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/private/xmca>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=help>
- List-id: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca.weber.ucsd.edu>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-subscribe: <http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=unsubscribe>
- References: <761888688.218091253134133515.JavaMail.wladmin@tss1be0009> <6CE545DC-D88B-4B9F-9899-115A01F6FF47@bth.se> <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: email@example.com
Mike -- attached is the one I had to ccorrect and accept. I made 4
corrections which otherwise would have effected the meaning. However I
did not want to mess with the rest of the text because of the the
english corrections Tamara already made. The attached file can be
compared to the one I mailed you yesterday (the final). I conclude,
for example, that footnotes are gone, a paragraph in the conclusion is
deleted, references have been removed, words have been replaced
(changes of english which I can't judge the correctness of).
But, if an editor has worked with it I'll accept the changes though I
have to admit that I started to wonder whether the editor is a native
English speaker or not...? Nothing more I can do, I just hope
everything is ok.
3 dec 2009 kl. 03.43 skrev mike cole:
Michael is away for 6 weeks, but presumably online. i do not know
what transformations happened between which step and which step.
Tammy is not longer ucsd worker, Camille is. i will cc her and await
news on what/how/ to proceed.
Is there anything in what the current version you have before you
that you object to, monica?
On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 4:00 PM, Monica E. Nilsson <firstname.lastname@example.org
Dear Michael -- I submitted the corrections but I am concerned
because the edited article has major changes (removed parts and
changed words) compared to the final version that Tamara worked on
and, as I understand it, submitted to you. I would be pleased if you
could make sure that it is the correct version that has been worked
on by someone at the publisher (attached in this mail). Why are
major parts removed and quite a lot of words changed since Tamara, a
native english speaker and grad student in the USCD communication
department, worked thoroughly with it?
Again, my major concern is that the final and correct version has
been mixed up with an old version...
Looking forward to seeing the paper in print ;-)
16 sep 2009 kl. 22.48 skrev email@example.com:
Dear Monica Nilsson:
It is a pleasure to accept your manuscript entitled "Creative
Pedagogy of Play – The Work of Gunilla Lindqvist" in its current
form for publication in the Mind, Culture, and Activity: An
Final revised manuscripts are edited to improve the effectiveness of
communication between author and readers. The most important goals
are to improve sentence structure and to eliminate ambiguities. This
pertains in particular to excessive and inappropriate use of
references, footnoting, and parenthetical notes. When editing is
extensive, with consequent danger of altered meaning, papers are
returned by the journal Editor to the author for correction and
approval before type is set.
Thank you for your fine contribution. On behalf of the Editors of
the Mind, Culture, and Activity: An International Journal, we look
forward to your continued contributions to the Journal.
Editor-in-Chief, Mind, Culture, and Activity: An International Journal
xmca mailing list