RE: FW: [xmca] Arne Raeithel's "genealogy"

Hi,

There is no way to control the timeout that I'm aware of. I suppose the
information should probably be displayed in a javascript popup or
something like that.

Using the image ALT text in this way is actually a case of creative
misuse of a standard HTML accessibility feature: ALT text was originally
designed to be shown *instead* of the image for those who are using a
non-graphical browsers such as Lynx, not for showing extra information.
In the recent years, the most common non-standard use for ALT text has
been many webcomic artists' habit of inserting an extra joke in it -
check out the wonderful XKCD for example, at http://xkcd.com/ .

Another case of users putting technology into uses never envisioned by
its designers I guess. :-)

Cheers,
JS

Juha Siltala