Re: [xmca] Arne Raeithel's "genealogy"

Yes, it is mind-boggling. Probably better for people to produce a multiplicity of different perspectives, than try to produce a master view. There are so many angles!

Lewin is interesting. Not only was he close to the Frankfurt School, but he also worked with Vygotsky, and I suspect this is where Vygotsky got a lot of his Hegel from.

Andy

Martin Packer wrote:
Andy, I think the map is interesting and useful. But how about this. I was exploring further on the virtual library that I mentioned in a prior message. It turns out there's quite a lot there in English, not only German. I had been enjoying myself browsing through scans of the papers of Carl Stumpf, who was teacher of both Kurt Lewin and Edmund Husserl. Teacher-student seems to me one important connection between figures. Lewin apparently had regular contact with the Frankfurt School (connection of 'colleague') before leaving for the US, where he would have found himself transplanted into the new milieu of behaviorism.

I think Mike is right, we need 3D!

Martin