Re: [xmca] Mead, Vygotsky and Hegel

Save the candy until we are over halloween, Greg, but thanks for your
post. I was knocked over by several aspects of the Mead article which
would be worth a whole course, if not a lifetime, to unpack, historicize,
understand.

Have you found Arne Raeithel's "genealogy" of cultural-historical, activity
theory thinkers from several years back. I am sure it is somewhere at
lchc.ucsd.edu. Perhaps you (and Andy, and.....) could update it with
more detail. Hegel generated so much that has been "laundered" by subsequent
"original" thinkers its totally amazing, and ditto Mead (whose writings i
know far better, although very inadequately).

For example, at one point later in the essay I wrote "positionality theory"
and not long after, there was a Rom Harre articles on our lab printer. And
interpolation a la Althussar? Old Meade (and probably Hegel for all I know)
wrote chapter and verse on that very subject.

I am beginning to think that post-modernism is is pre-modernism, or early
modernism chasing its self up its own, ugh, backside.

mike