[xmca] FW: New Book from IAP - College Teaching and the Development of Reasoning

I remember Dewey Dykstra from my early days on xlchc/xmca...thought some
might be interested in this new book:

From: IAP Listserv [mailto:iap@infoagepub.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 08, 2009 11:53 AM
To: smago@uga.edu
Subject: New Book from IAP - College Teaching and the Development of
Reasoning

Dear Educator:

Information Age Publishing Inc, is pleased to announce the following new
book:

College Teaching and the Development of Reasoning

Edited by Robert G. Fuller, University of Nebraska Lincoln
Thomas C. Campbell, Illinois Central College
Dewey I. Dykstra, Jr., Boise State University
Scott M. Stevens, Carnegie Mellon University

A volume in the series Science & Engineering Education Sources
Series Editor: Calvin S. Kalman, Concordia University

This book offers college faculty members the insights of the development of
reasoning movement that enlightened physics educators in the late 1970s and
led to a variety of college programs directed at improving the reasoning
patterns used by college students. While the original materials were
directed at physics concepts, they quickly expanded to include other
sciences and the humanities and social sciences.

The editors have introduced new topics, including discussions of Vygotsky's
ideas in relation to those of Piaget, of science education research progress
since 1978, of constructivist learning theory applied to educational
computer games and of applications from anthropology to zoology. These
materials will engage the interest of current universit! y faculty in all
subjects.

Order Online at
<http://infoagepub.com/products/College-Teaching-and-the-Development-of-Reas
oning>
http://infoagepub.com/products/College-Teaching-and-the-Development-of-Reaso
ning
Paperback: 978-1-60752-047-4
Web Price: $36.79 (Reg. $45.99)

Hardcover: 978-1-60752-048-1
Web Price: $68.79 (Reg. $85.99)

E-Books are also available on our website.

Cordially,
George F. Johnson
Information Age Publishing, Inc.
http://www.infoagepub.com