RE: [xmca] Q: can we define consciousness?

Sorry about the messiness of that last post (with the Peirce).

I usually write for this list in a text-only mainframe client (PINE), so it doesn't get garbled with unsupported formatting & characters.

I used Outlook for that last post, in html, thinking that the emphases would get through that way. Not only was the emphasis not preserved, but the whole message was cluttered with the marks of unsupported characters.

I expect what got through is good enough for the level of interest in Peirce on consciousness; but if anybody wants to see it without those problems, I could send it as an attachement (but I won't do that unless someone asks for it).

Tony Whitson
UD School of Education
NEWARK  DE  19716

twhitson@udel.edu