Re: [xmca] When does an unbroken action begin and end?

Mike Cole wrote:
Andy--
Don't speeches and texts "pass control to and from an individual"??

Yes, it's obvious when you're talking about discourse, but
what about the more general domain of social action? I am
thinking that the idea applies in just the same way, even if
not quite so clearly. So "action" begins and ends when you
get/lose control of the action from/to another person.

On consciousness, let me think now ...
Andy

And, can i repeat my request for what people are talking about in their various invocations of the term, consciousness? How many meanings floating around there. Is there also one correct way of defining consciousness or are people using that term as a pseudoconcept while thinking they are thinking scientifically?? I fear the
latter. But will celebrate learning how and when I am wrong and how to know.
mike