Re: [xmca] The Origins of Pointing and Child "Syncretism"

I see no contradiction at all between your source of scepticism and mine,
David.
And I like your "inverted" idea of syncretism because it fits so well with
the primacy of sociality.
Either way, what LSV calls the natural line of development is a part of the
story. We also see
more clearly the intermxing of the interpersonal and object-oriented aspects
of ostension.
mike