Re: [xmca] Concerning the origins of Pointing

PS--Work too much? You jest!!

Bach is playing in the background. the garden has been watered, our dog has
taken us for a walk, we saw a fantastic
production of Cyrano translated by Anthony Burgess that had my mind reeling
about the magic of language, ventriloquation,
the connection between ashes and diamonts, writting vs speaking, and  lot
more. And there is so much interesting here at xmca to think about. Not to
mention the few pages of George Elliot that i get through each day. Amazing
to read long passages in which she is
giving voice to a form of zionism that has contemporary relevance that is
mind boggling.

Work? Work is when our faculty return and classes start. Then the horrendous
massacre of a great public university will make
getting up in the morning a real chore because in addition to financially
overburdened students, the faculty will be fighting for
their perks in the name of virtue, a situation that provides an iron clad
guarantee of unpleasantness.