From: xmca-bounces@weber.ucsd.edu [mailto:xmca-bounces@weber.ucsd.edu] On
Behalf Of ERIC.RAMBERG@spps.org
Sent: 04 August 2009 04:10 PM
To: eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity
Subject: Re: [xmca] Vygotsky, Saussure, and Wolves with different dreams

Hello all:

 Paula and Carol the paper is fabulous!  Nice summary Steve!  I cannot add
anything more to your concise summation but want to provide an
augmentation to the current discussion of concept formation and its
importance for the formation of consciousness. This post is for hoping
that this study moves forward by looking back to the contributions of
Mikhail Basov.  He was a contemporary of LSVs and one who influenced LSV's
research greatly (i.e. the water molecule example).  Please take a look at
the following:

 https://openaccess.leidenuniv.nl/bitstream/1887/10538/1/7_703_016.pdf

and note who the editor is!  Regretfully the spotlighted Basov article is
not included in the free internet access.

eric

Steve Gabosch <stevegabosch@me.com>
Sent by: xmca-bounces@weber.ucsd.edu
08/03/2009 11:07 PM
Please respond to "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity"