[xmca] Circle of Activity?

Another problem of terminology. I would like to know if anyone knows the expression for this idea.

"The hermeneutic circle" is the understanding of a text based on reading each word composing the text, but each word is read only in the light of having already taken the word to belong to a certain genre of text. Thus we have a circle: understand whole via parts, understand parts via whole.

But this concept of 'circle' is hardly unique to the interpretation of texts.

An institution or social formation is constituted by the individuals in a community who act and perceive a range of actions as belonging a certain social entity, but each action is always only interpreted in the light of it being part of a certain social entity. So we have a circle.

I am thinking of calling this a 'circle of activity'.

Does anyone know if this idea has a name which makes the link to 'hermeneutic circle' explicit?

Andy