[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [xmca] AERA 2010 CALL FOR PROPOSALS Cultural-Historical Research SIG
- To: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [xmca] AERA 2010 CALL FOR PROPOSALS Cultural-Historical Research SIG
- From: Mike Cole <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 17:31:11 -0700
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:reply-to:in-reply-to :references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=iooM5mN18q8OmjXay3qgyEvz53FJES07sc0bBKzoNVw=; b=vySQyPzMCHtH78sgjmjkKQbZUvlDo1eUVClnGjmtk/ORUahJsJjIpkuaHPlvURkWCU GRf9Ok2jrqUvJCtfakeJQtTkFPYh8pwYNle0fFlzYHlQKWJWTHUaySCXdKQVbsaBjL11 KGZUX1cGOIhd8tB17PLVate0TitX8TeY1gUP8=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:reply-to:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id :subject:from:to:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=TjHeY2Fxqx2CNic5lNhY99DrmmYd1tAV1zNMXGOqBXk2ggOJlAeLZ5qoTrpf/LEtHy t3WOCWT/Ya/Q0mSFY24BCaWMiyES+KPpAtk6rCcNpe8XvwOLHPfDCcJgn+/DgiTzcLaK zr/SzwCtl7pkGOZUdbdieZGWy2GthiuZ+ut7E=
- In-reply-to: <C65BD7CF.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-archive: <http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/private/xmca>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=help>
- List-id: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca.weber.ucsd.edu>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-subscribe: <http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=unsubscribe>
- References: <C65BD7CF.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: firstname.lastname@example.org, "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <email@example.com>
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
Since LCHC has to be in Denver in any event, we might consider a
couple of different
We here at LCHC are REALLY interested in the role of practicum courses
in undergrad education.
We have a couple of abstracts ready to roll. Anyone else interested in
On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 7:49 AM, O'Connor,
> (with apologies for double-postings)
> AERA 2010 CALL FOR PROPOSALS Cultural-Historical Research SIG
> ***Deadline for submission: JULY 15, 2009***
> Dear CH-SIG members:
> We would like to encourage you to submit proposals for papers and symposia
> for inclusion in the 2010 CH-SIG program at the AERA Annual Meeting, to be
> held in Denver, CO, from Friday, April 30Tuesday, May 4, 2010.
> This year¹s Annual Meeting theme, Understanding Complex Ecologies in a
> Changing World, is central to the work of the members of our SIG. We
> strongly encourage your submissions, as the quality of our program depends
> on the strength of the proposals that we receive. Also, keep in mind that
> the number and type of sessions allocated by AERA to each unit are based in
> part on the total number of proposals received by the unit - so please
> submit your proposals to our SIG! You can view this year¹s call for
> proposals at http://www.aera.net/Default.aspx?id=7588
> As most of you are probably aware, there have been some important changes in
> AERA program procedures this year. These are summarized in the following
> paragraphs. A more complete summary is available at
> http://www.aera.net/Default.aspx?id=7738 , which we strongly encourage you
> to read prior to submission.
> First, there is an earlier submission deadline than for past meetings. THIS
> YEAR'S SUBMISSION DEADLINE IS JULY 15, 2009. All proposals must be submitted
> electronically through the AERA Online Proposal Submission System, which is
> now open at https://www.aera.net/AALogin.aspx?ReturnURL=/WS/UpdateAA.aspx
> Second, the number of paper/symposium sessions available at the Annual
> Meeting overall has been decreased by about 30%, and the emphasis on
> roundtable and poster sessions will be increased. We will do our best to
> accommodate the preferred format of accepted proposals, but please do
> understand that the number of traditional paper and symposia sessions will
> be somewhat limited in comparison to past Annual Meetings. We encourage you
> to consider whether alternative formats might also be suited to your
> presentation, and to indicate this in your proposal.
> Third, and possibly related to the above, roundtables will now be held in 90
> minute sessions, 3 presentations per session, with a chair/discussant. This
> seems to hold the potential for related individual presentations to be
> grouped together into sessions that resemble a symposium format. As program
> chairs, we are interested in exploring the possibilities of this session
> format. Please feel free to communicate with us if you¹d be interested in
> such a format.
> Finally, the new guidelines for individual paper, roundtable, and poster
> sessions require submission of a ³narrative paper² of 2000 words or less,
> and not simply a ³proposal to write a paper.² While this might appear to be
> a major change from past practices, we want to emphasize that the guidelines
> state that this paper ³may be a final or preliminary paper,² and that the
> final paper need not be submitted until 3 weeks prior to the Annual Meeting.
> We expect to be generous in our interpretation of ³preliminary,² especially
> during this transitional year.
> Please feel free to contact us for clarification of any of these procedures.
> We hope that you will consider our SIG when preparing your proposals.
> We hope to hear from you!
> Lois Holzman <email@example.com>
> Kevin O'Connor <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Cultural-Historical Research SIG Program co-chairs
> xmca mailing list
xmca mailing list