From: xmca-bounces@weber.ucsd.edu [mailto:xmca-bounces@weber.ucsd.edu]
On Behalf Of Mike Cole
Sent: Tuesday, April 28, 2009 8:11 PM
To: David Kellogg
Cc: Culture ActivityeXtended Mind
Subject: Re: [xmca] a minus times a plus

The translation from math discourse to discourse discourse will almost
certainly help, David.
The teen's dad was very clear about a double negative being a positive.
"Not not caring=caring" but that understanding does not cross
discourse.representational domains.

I thought Joplin's line was "freedom's just another word for nothing
left to
lose."  Hard to remember
stuff from the prior millenium.

mike

PS -- Hmmm, or was that something about the freedom of necessity from
yet
another prior millenium?

PPS-- I'll give your version a try. First chance I get,
mike