Re: [xmca] Ethnomethodology and Hedegaard's Article

Thanks David. I think you (and Marianne) are correct about neoformations
being about crises, not development over time. Very helpful.

My own view is that fulfilling the program that Marianne lays out is a huge
undertaking. And it should be undertaken by people who can be
in it for several years-- longitudinally. An old guy like me is not a good
candidate for such an undertaking. But there must be several people on
this list who can.

Marianne. Two brief comments.

First, I was commenting on evidence in the interaction because the topic of
ethnomethodology and eviidence being IN the interaction was part of the
context of the discussion. In THAT context, using speculations about home
situations to explain observations is problematic.

I, too, tend to focus on the heterogeneity of SSD according to participation
in specific activities, but it is hard to find this in LSV or Elkonin,
or.......

Your paper got me thinking about the probability of the answer to
"local-general" is both.and not either.or

thanks for helping me along with my slow development!!
mike