[xmca] FW: AIUSA/State Radio Troy Davis Video Collaboration

The following concerns a death penalty case in Georgia in which new evidence
exonerates the accused killer of a police officer. Troy Davis remains in
prison after 18 years and still might be executed. Amnesty International is
trying to intervene, which is the topic of the following message and linked
video.

Dear All,

In a fantastic collaboration between AI and the indie rock group, State
Radio, we have produced an animated web video on the Troy Davis case that
can be viewed at:

<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooPHNsFqb8M&eurl=http://takeaction.amnestyus
a.org/siteapps/advocacy/index.aspx?c=jhKPIXPCIoE&b=2590179&template=x.ascx&a
ction=1&feature=player_embedded>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooPHNsFqb8M&eurl=http://takeaction.amnestyusa
.org/siteapps/advocacy/index.aspx?c=jhKPIXPCIoE&b=2590179&template=x.ascx&ac
tion=1&feature=player_embedded

We'd be deeply grateful, if you could the following:

1) Watch the video

2) Disseminate it as WIDELY as possible to other groups, friends, and
family; link it to any social networking sites you may belong to; GET IT OUT
THERE!

3) Take action and ask Governor Perdue to demonstrate leadership and prevent
this miscarriage of justice

Attached, please also find a press release that accompanied the rollout of
this video. Currently, we are working out details for State Radio's possible
involvement in this year's Annual General Meeting, taking place March 27-29
in Boston. We will have more information on the AGM section of the website (
<http://www.aiusa.org/agm> www.aiusa.org/agm) as things get confirmed.

We are anxiously awaiting the court's response to the latest round of
arguments in Troy's case that could be handed down at any moment.  So the
fate of Troy Davis is still very much in limbo. We need you to continue
rallying support by spreading this video of Troy's story any way that you
can.

In solidarity,

Sue

Sue Gunawardena-Vaughn
Director - Death Penalty Abolition Campaign
Amnesty International USA
600 Pennsylvania Avenue, S.E., Fifth Floor
Washington, DC 20003
Tel.(202) 544-0200 ext. 238
Fax. (202) 546-7142
E-mail: svaughn@aiusa.org