Re: [xmca] FW: USA Africa Dialogue Series - Re: african fractals

Peter,
Thanks so much for the link to the video about architecture, math, computers, Africa, and patterns.

 -  <!--  /* Style Definitions */  p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal 	{mso-style-parent:""; 	margin:0in; 	margin-bottom:.0001pt; 	mso-pagination:widow-orphan; 	font-size:12.0pt; 	font-family:"Times New Roman"; 	mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 	{size:8.5in 11.0in; 	margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; 	mso-header-margin:.5in; 	mso-footer-margin:.5in; 	mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 	{page:Section1;} -->   This fits with my whole theory that brain compatible learning is about having students discover patterns in grammar, literature, and learning strategies.

I try to bring all this together in my Teaching Grammar with Poetry books from Scholastic--not really a publisher know to print heavy duty theory.  However in the last chapter I try to pull in the theories that lead to my approach from sources like Cambourne and Vygotsky.

I am the proverbial lurker on this listserv, and I do enjoy many of the papers and posts.

Nancy Mack

English Department
Wright State University

http://www.wright.edu/~nancy.mack