Re: [xmca] Re: Kant and the Strange Situation

Derek,

It depends of course on what one means by empathy. I've been arguing for
years that all the social sciences draw implicitly on our human capacity for
*understanding* the actions of others (Einfühlung?), and that our
investigations can and should be interpretive, hermeneutic. Of course many
others have made similar points. To say that genuine science is not
interpretive would be in my mind simply a false claim.

Martin