Re: [xmca] New Online XMCA

Cool work, Etienne! Congratulations!
David

On Jan 9, 2009, at 2:32 PM, Etienne Pelaprat wrote:

Dear XMCA Community,

for some time, LCHC has been working with local resources to enhance,
as both a service and research project, the means by which the XMCA
community can trace its own development and sustain its interactions.
To that end, we have developed a new web site that, in addition to
making accessible and searchable the entire XMCA archive, supports
(or, with your feedback, will support) a variety of functions to help
develop new kinds of conversations and interactions.

Among the more immediate projects include developing a community
bibliography, as well as file repository, which will be integrated
into the XMCA archives and webboards themselves.  We also help to
support more ad hoc type interactions that emerge from searches, old
posts, new threads, and various forms of tagging and sharing of
information.  So if you are interested in getting access (it's quick
and easy), visit:

http://xmca.lchc-resources.org/index.pl

If you have ever posted to XMCA, you already have an account, but you
don't have a password. To get one, type into the email field (either
for the login or for "reset password") the email you use to post to
XMCA. You will receive in your mailbox a temporary password. Login
with this password. At the bottom of each page on
xmca.lchc-resources.org there is a "change password" link if you want
to update your password to something more familiar.

If have never posted to XMCA, then please email me for an account
until we have a more permanent registration system.

WE NEED YOUR HELP TO DEVELOP THIS. And this means more than your ideas
and feedback; we're also looking for programmers. All of
http://xmca.lchc-resources.org is open source and managed by a control
version system (so that many people can develop it at once). If you
want to get your hands dirty, or have local resources that you think
could help, please let us know to coordinate.

best regards,

Etienne Pelaprat
LCHC

David Preiss, Ph.D.
Subdirector de Extensión y Comunicaciones
Escuela de Psicología
Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile
Av Vicuña Mackenna - 4860
7820436 Macul
Santiago, Chile

Fono: 3544605