From: Wolff-Michael Roth <mroth@uvic.ca>
Subject: Re: [xmca] Re: Kant and the Strange Situation
To: haydizulfei@yahoo.com, "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca@weber.ucsd.edu>
Date: Monday, January 5, 2009, 8:02 PM

Hi there,
the German word is interesting, because "Wider" means against,
opposite, and is used as such in all other composite nouns. There is a
"Spiegelung" and the verb "spiegeln."
	If the construction is as it is in the other words, the "wider" may
actually indicate a radical and oppositive difference between the original and
that which is reflected, i.e., the Spiegelbild.

Kant uses "Reflexion"

michael