Re: [xmca] Re: Kant and the Strange Situation

Andy,
Two questions :
Do you give any weight to *ideality* ?
If you do , what is it in definition -- just once more ?
Mike recently had this to say :
***Along with others, thanks for your thoughtful summarizing and commentary
on Sasha's long note, Steve. To me, the basic idea behind chat as a
framework (sometimes elevated in particular work to the status of a
theoretical
heuristic, perhaps even a theory) is captured by the following statement in
Steve's note which, I believe, reflects the views of Peter and Anna as well..

These two lines of thinking about tools and signs could be seen [[as two sides
of the same coin]] , [[the same essential process]] , [[which may be better understood
now that we have the theory of [ideality/materiality] to work with, (which, as
I mentioned, I believe is an advance over the older "sign/tool" framework
Vygotsky employed).]]  The discovery by Ilyenkov that all cultural artifacts,
including internal psychological processes, "contain" (metaphorically
speaking) both ideality and materiality offers new ways to assess earlier
efforts to describe and explain mediation.***
mikr

Best
Haydi