Re: [xmca] Passages from Chapter 5 of LSV

From: Paul Dillon <phd_crit_think who-is-at yahoo.com>
Date: Wed Dec 31 2008 - 00:51:31 PST

Martin,

I'm really struck by your question as to whether David finds your counter-proposal (i.e., LSV developing (e.g., cultivating, growing) his ideas dialectically (e.g., seed, sprout, vegetative, florescent))  reasonable, (I am supposing)  in contrast to David's interrpretation that " ...he was constantly throwing everything away and starting over from the beginning.
".

 Insofar as every question presupposes a range of answers (a domain), what is the domain over which you expect a response?

 Do you imagine a willow might become an oak upon reflection?  Are you casting flies?

I'm curious.

Paul