Re: [xmca] Marx and Engels works quoted by LSV

From: Andy Blunden <ablunden who-is-at mira.net>
Date: Wed Dec 03 2008 - 04:30:46 PST

I was just going from memory as well Bruce. The Economic and
Philosophic Manuscripts of 1844 was first published by the
Institute of Marxism-Leninism in Moscow in German:
Marx/Engels, Gesamtausgabe, Abt. 1, Bd. 3, 1932. I have
always believed that LSV knew about the material prior to
that, but now I don't know what I based that on.

I think Achilles is right. This is going to need some work.
I have been trying to figure out where LSV's favourite quote
comes from: "My relation to my environment is my
consciousness" which the editors of LSV CW cite as from "K.
Marx and F. Engels. Works, Vol. 3, p. 29." But I cannot find
it anywhere, and not in Vol. 3 of MECW published in 1975.
I'll keep chasing this one.

Andy