RE: [xmca] Activity theory and qualitative research

From: Worthen, Helena Harlow <hworthen who-is-at illinois.edu>
Date: Sun Nov 30 2008 - 08:02:26 PST

Hello, Katerina --

A week ago Lubomir Popov at Bowling Green State in Ohio wrote: "... I have to acknowledge that some strains of activity theory like activity methodology of the Moscow activity circle offer very powerful instruments for problems solving. They offer general activity frameworks that help shorten research and problem solving time and have a successful result..."

Maybe we could ask him to expand on this -- could we get an example of one of these frameworks? The question of the design of teaching activities seems like a problem many of us face.

Helena

Helena Worthen, Clinical Associate Professor
Labor Education Program, School of Labor and Employment Relations, University of Illinois
504 E. Armory, Room 227
Champaign, IL 61820
Phone: 217-244-4095
hworthen@illinois.edu