Re: [xmca] SA Universities and Academic Freedom

From: Mike Cole <lchcmike who-is-at gmail.com>
Date: Thu Nov 27 2008 - 08:29:54 PST

Mary--

What is the Academic Senate Confidentiality Clause and what obligations do
professor who are members? I ask so that when I write my letter will have a
chance of having an impact. Our university has various confidentiality rules
that apply to Senate members which, if broken, are grounds for removal. So
knowing that part of the terrain seems important.

My thoughts, at the moment, are very much focused on Mumbai. It is
thanksgiving day in the United States when those who can afford food
overeat, and those who cannot, hope for charity. They eat Turkey. The name
of the bird and the name of the country are, it is rumored, are not
accidentally
coincident.
mike