[xmca] more on qualitative research - new NVivo releases

From: Mary van der Riet <VanDerRiet who-is-at ukzn.ac.za>
Date: Wed Nov 19 2008 - 23:11:17 PST

>>> "QSR International" <news@qsrinternational.com> 2008/11/20 08:12 AM >>>
NEW RELEASES. NEW USES. NEW WINS. NEW YEAR.

This email is best viewed in your web browser. Click the link
below to see it:
http://qsr.createsend3.com/t/1/e/yhzlh/kkljiyjj/

Get your NVivo 8 advantage
With Service Pack 3 released today, it's time to consider NVivo 8.
Get Pricing or buy
[http://www.qsrinternational.com/products_nvivo_pricing.aspx]
Trial NVivo 8
[http://www.qsrinternational.com/products_free-trial-software.aspx?productid=18]

In this issue:
2008 brought big things for QSR and our customers. A new NVivo 8
software release. New Spanish and Chinese versions. And new
customer wins in a range of new fields. But we're not stopping
there. Today we reveal new tutorials, the release of Service Pack
3, a new Japanese NVivo 8 version, and exciting new uses for our
software. A new year is nearly upon us. Stay tuned for more
developments!

Classifying your material in NVivo 8
NVivo 8 has more ways to code than any other QDA software. Take
this free tutorial to find out about the different ways you can
classify your material into themes and topics.

> Play tutorial
[http://download.qsrinternational.com/Document/NVivo8/NVivo8-Classifying-Your-Material-Into-Themes.htm]

Capturing your ideas in NVivo
Want to learn how to use annotations, memos, links, relationships
and sets to
capture your ideas and link your NVivo 8 materials?

> Take this free tutorial now
[http://download.qsrinternational.com/Document/NVivo8/NVivo8-Capturing-Ideas-And-Linking-Material.htm]

NVivo 8 Service Pack 3 released today
Service Pack 3 offers a wide range of enhancements including new
'tag clouds' that allow you to visualize the most frequently
occuring words in your project.

> Read more
[http://www.qsrinternational.com/news_whats-new_detail.aspx?view=131]

What's new

Training services go global
Last year, we were the first in our industry to establish a
global training program which extended into the United States,
United Kingdom and Australasia. Now, one year on, the number of
training workshops conducted has grown by nearly 100%. We've also
streamlined our website to make workshop participation easier -
customers can now find training in their region with just one
click, so register now for a workshop in 2009.

> Find a training workshop near you
[http://www.qsrinternational.com/training-and-events.aspx]

A picture tells a thousand words in NVivo
A picture can tell a thousand words, and with NVivo 8, you can
work with your digital photographs and images in exactly the same
way as your documents. Work with whole images or just sections.
Classify them, annotate them, search them, query them or link to
them. You can even view coding stripes and see images within your
nodes or models.

> Read more
[http://www.qsrinternational.com/news_whats-new_detail.aspx?view=132]

NVivo 8 launched in Japanese
Japanese researchers and decision makers now have access to a
localized version of NVivo 8. While NVivo 8 has always been able
to work with information in any language, the new version will
allow Japanese users to undertake research and analysis in their
own language, while also facilitating collaboration on global
projects. Our Tokyo based partner, Hulinks, will continue to
offer our Japanese customers front line support and training.

> Find out more
[http://www.qsrinternational.com/news_whats-new_detail.aspx?view=130]

Other news
Update NVivo 8 and download Service Pack 3
[http://www.qsrinternational.com/support_downloads_detail.aspx?productversionid=20]

Read more about NVivo 8 in Chinese, Spanish or Japanese
[http://www.qsrinternational.com/other-languages.aspx]
It seems as if qualitative researchers get more active towards the end of the year!

Access online support by searching our knowledgebase
[http://www.qsrinternational.com/support.aspx]

Download the new NVivo 8 Teachers' Handbook
[http://www.qsrinternational.com/news_whats-new_detail.aspx?view=129]

Mary van der Riet; School of Psychology; University of KwaZulu-Natal
Private Bag X01, Scottsville, 3209

email: vanderriet@ukzn.ac.za
tel: 033 260 6163; fax: 033 2605809

>>> "Mike Cole" <lchcmike@gmail.com> 2008/11/20 03:19 AM >>>