RE: [xmca] Re: the Strange Situation - process and the 'non-staticness' of concepts

From: Paula Towsey <paulat who-is-at johnwtowsey.co.za>
Date: Tue Oct 28 2008 - 09:34:32 PDT

Dear Martin - and Anton

Anton, could you help with a Russian word in the quotation below? It is from
a piece that I wrote, and the word we are looking for clarity on appears
here as "reflection".

"Further, he writes that, at the time, psychology began to understand a
concept “not as a thing, but as a process, not as an empty abstraction, but
as a thorough and penetrating reflection of an object of reality in all its
complexity and diversity, in connections and relations to all the rest of
reality” (1998, p. 55)."

The English source is Vygotsky, L., (1998). In Rieber, R., (Ed.), (1998),
The collected works of L.S. Vygotsky: Volume 5 – Child Psychology, New York:
Plenum Press.

Anton, if you glance through the papertrail below you can see a bit more
about the context of this question. I hope you don't mind being approached
like this, but I am sure you can help us. Thank you so much!

Paula