[xmca] Scholarly community

From: Elina Lampert-Shepel <ellampert who-is-at gmail.com>
Date: Fri Oct 10 2008 - 08:39:04 PDT

Hi, everyone,
Sorry for initiating a side conversation. I am engaged in the group at my
college that discusses the meaning of scholarly community and what it
specifically means in education. I realized that neither "scholarly" nor
"community" are addressed critically in the traditional university
environments. Xmca is one of the most successful scholarly communities I
participated in. I would appreciate if you could share your insight with me
on what scholarly community means to you.

Thanks,
Elina