[xmca] LPGA to GOP

From: David Kellogg <vaughndogblack who-is-at yahoo.com>
Date: Fri Sep 05 2008 - 20:49:51 PDT

eric:

The Ladies' Professional Golf Association has apparently dropped its English language requirement, originally designed to block Korean players from competing.

But the Republican Party, rootling through the rubbish bins of the LPGA , have apparently retrieved it and affixed it to their party platform.

"We support English as the official language in our nation, while welcoming the
ethnic diversity in the United States and the territories, including
language (sic).  Immigrants should be encouraged to learn English."

Hey, in a pinch, they could get jobs teaching it to Republicans.

David Kellogg
Seoul National University of Education