Re: [xmca] mundane ISCAR questions

From: Steve Gabosch <stevegabosch who-is-at mac.com>
Date: Wed Sep 03 2008 - 10:33:06 PDT

Olga pointed me to an confirmation letter I got from Conference
Services last May and forgot about. It has some of the answers.

OFFICE OF CONFERENCE SERVICES 9500 GILMAN DRIVE
OFFICE: (858) 534-4220 LA JOLLA, CALIFORNIA, 92093-0513
FAX: (858) 534-2042

May 20, 2008

Steve Gabosch
stevegabosch@mac.com

Dear Mr. Gabosch,

Your confirmation number is: #xxx This is to confirm receipt of your
registration for the International Society for Cultural
and Activity Research (ISCAR) 2008 to be held on the campus of the
University of California, San Diego (UCSD) from
September 8 – September 13, 2008. We have noted that you will arrive
on September 7, 2008 and depart on September
13, 2008.

  Registration Fee:
  Pre-Conference Workshop (CHACDOC)
  Single Room in Apartments:
  Total Due:
  Total Paid:

If you are registered for on-campus housing, you may check in at the
Warren Conference Service Desk located at Earl’s
Place between the hours of 7:30am – Midnight. I will forward a map of
the campus showing the location of the Warren
Conference Service Desk, the Meeting Registration site, reception
sites and parking areas closer to the conference dates.

Parking permits are required on campus weekdays from 7:00 a.m. - 11:00
p.m. Permits for “S” parking spaces are included
in the housing rate and may be obtained at the Warren Conference Desk
during check-in.

Please note there is a $100.00 lost key charge in effect for all lost
keys. Also, there are no telephones, alarm clocks, reading lamps or
televisions in any of the rooms. Pets are prohibited in all rooms.

The opening welcome reception will be held outside the CAL-IT building
near the stone bear sculpture on 9/8/08.

Participants who registered for UCSD on-campus housing may have mail
sent to them as follows:
  Your Name, ISCAR, UCSD, 9450 Gilman Drive, #922000, La Jolla, CA
92092-2000

Information for messages, emergencies and mail pick up is listed below:
  Warren Conference Desk (messages/mail pick up) (858) 534-3811
(7:30am-Midnight)
  Campus Police (emergencies only) (858) 534-4357 (after
Midnight-7:30am)

If you have any questions or changes to your housing accommodations,
please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

Sonia Berry
Conference Coordinator, Conference Services
(858) 534-2042 (fax)
Email: sberry@ucsd.edu