RE: [xmca] The Strange Situation

From: <ERIC.RAMBERG who-is-at spps.org>
Date: Mon Aug 25 2008 - 10:38:35 PDT

David:

Very interesting you should use the stream analalogy as my absence from the
list was due to a hiatus from all the fabulous Boundary Waters Canoe Area!
Amazing how one stream can be paddled free of dams and then a week later
you are forced to get your boots wet to pass over the obstacle. As I have
matured on this list and in my thinking on human development I have grown
to appreciate the force of academicians who aren't afraid to step in those
muddied waters for the purpose of surpassing an obsticle. Paula, thank you
for your study and hopefully it increases the level of interest in the
double-stimulation method as a form of research.

eric

                      David Kellogg
                      <vaughndogblack@ To: ERIC.RAMBERG@spps.org, xmca <xmca@weber.ucsd.edu>
                      yahoo.com> cc:
                      Sent by: Subject: RE: [xmca] The Strange Situation
                      xmca-bounces@web
                      er.ucsd.edu

                      08/18/2008 11:22
                      PM
                      Please respond
                      vaughndogblack;
                      Please respond
                      to "eXtended
                      Mind, Culture,
                      Activity"

eric

I have a question that came to mind as I was reading near the end of your
post. Why do people always say that "Thinking and Speech" is a MONOGRAPH?

Don't they read the title? The title suggests two topics, not one. But
perhaps it is really ONE topic since it is all about the "and" of the title
rather than the "thinking" or the "speech".

But even this ONE topic is really treated as part of a much larger
meta-topic, namely the theory of consciousness.

Like eric says, it's more of a mudograph than a monograph. On the other
hand, muddy water often means you are near the head of the stream.

(But you are a Minnesotan; you know that!)

David Kellogg
Seoul National University of Education