[xmca] more on citations and journal and author impact

From: Peter Smagorinsky <smago who-is-at uga.edu>
Date: Mon Jul 21 2008 - 03:17:03 PDT

Someone on xmca recommended Harzing's Publish or Perish software awhile
back, and I agree that it's mighty nifty. One link from the software takes
you to a whole set of publications that look at the whole business of impact
rankings. See http://www.harzing.com/publications.htm#/papers.htm if you are
interested in reading more about these issues. (I haven't read any of them
but some folks out there seemed to be quite interested in the topic.) Peter