RE: [xmca] RE: mental health

From: Michael G. Levykh <mglevykh who-is-at telus.net>
Date: Sun Jul 13 2008 - 21:20:35 PDT

Yes, Achilles. It's only a vague hypothesis.

On the other hand, mastering semiotic devices, I think, presupposes a
somewhat complete integration of all mental processes. Otherwise, the
meaning and/or sense making is distorted. It is quite common among high
functioning autistics and some schizophrenics to have disconnected or, in
the best scenario, poorly connected with each other mental processes. And,
to simplify further, as a result, they experience difficulties with concept
formation and conceptual thinking. So, if society does not make any
decisions for them, who does?

I'll leave you with these thoughts.

All the best,
Michael.