Re: [Spam:***** ] RE: [xmca] RE: mental health

From: Cathrene Connery <cconnery who-is-at ithaca.edu>
Date: Sat Jul 12 2008 - 10:25:31 PDT

Dear Achilles,
Thanks for the e-mail. I have found that sometimes it is difficult to get
to the core of what Vygotsky is saying because he is very circular in his
thinking and the development of his concepts tends to spiral across his
writing process. Therefore, I have learned move from whole to part ehen
interpreting his work. The passages you have found below are strong ones,
however, they do not help one to achieve a three dimensional view of what
he was talking about.

Vygotsky's theory of art was more of a theory of emotion than anything.
I'm not at the office right now, but as soon as I return, I will forward
you a draft of a paper of mine that reviews the work as well as a
powerpoint. I'm surrently in the middle of rewriting the book review, but
if you can be patient with me, I should have somethng more solid to send
you by Wednesday.

Have a great day!
cathrene