RE: [xmca] Do academic journals exist?

From: Peter Smagorinsky <smago who-is-at uga.edu>
Date: Tue Jul 08 2008 - 09:23:56 PDT

At the risk of saying too much in this discussion.....it's not the journal
itself being valued, but the vetting process it provides for a piece of
work. So even if you never see the Journal of Reproducible Results as a
hardbound entity and only grab articles that interest you, what makes
articles published under its auspices respected is that readers know the
rigor of the review process involved in moving that individual piece through
to publication.

Peter Smagorinsky
The University of Georgia
125 Aderhold Hall