[xmca] Temp Jobs at UCSD Comm Department

From: Mike Cole <lchcmike who-is-at gmail.com>
Date: Thu May 01 2008 - 11:02:05 PDT

Ya'll welcome to spend a quarter or two with us if it suits your fancy.
mike
----------------------------

The Communication Department at UCSD is looking to appoint
temporary adjunct faculty, who can teach two or more courses over 1-2
academic quarters in the 08-09 academic year. A relevant PhD is a
requirement, alongside experience teaching at a higher education
institution. We are particularly looking for academics who could contribute
to the departments strengths in research and teaching around communication
and the person, gesture and interaction, psychology of media, and studies of
new communication technologies.

Examples of classes currently on our books include:

Learning to Read
Literacy, Social; Organization and the Individual
The Psychology of Film
Language as Politics
Education and Global Citizenship

Examples of New Courses that Might be Suggested Include:

How Advertisements Make Meaning
Semiotics of Traditional Texts and New Media
Gesture and Multimodal Communication
Video analysis of communicative behavior
Discursive approaches to Communication
Communicating Emotion
Philosophy of communicative technologies
Studying online communication

If you are interested in applying for a position, please contact Dan Hallin
(dhallin@ucsd.edu)