Re: [xmca] Vygotsky x Lukács

From: Vera Steiner <vygotsky who-is-at unm.edu>
Date: Fri Apr 18 2008 - 09:41:19 PDT

Interesting topic.
I doubt that Lukacs has written anything related to zpd, but there are
some interesting commonalities between these two
thinkers. They were both deeply involved in literature and film as a
part of their formulating their broader theories.
Lukacs's interest in consciousness has some similarity with Vygotsky.
But perhaps most importantly they were humanist Marxists. Lukacs
supported the anti-Stalinist, short-lived premier of Hungary, Imre Nagy
in 1956, and you all know
about Vygotsky's suppressed legacy during the worst on those years.
Vera