RE: [xmca] James Banks' talk / LIFE Center

From: Frank Kessel <fkessel who-is-at unm.edu>
Date: Thu Apr 03 2008 - 11:58:57 PDT

Thanks (again), Lois. The challenge, I think is to find foundations that --
at this dubious moment in history -- are in any way interested in arts and
culture! From long, first-hand experience I know that the W.T. Grant
Foundation is not . . . And as an unfortunate example of the shift in
priorities over the past few years, the Rockefeller Foundation has totally
eliminated arts-culture from its 'portfolio' (after being engaged in one way
or another for many years/decades). But there surely are still some
(private) sources to be 'hunted' . . . Frank