Re: [xmca] ego, self, etc.

From: Martin Packer <packer who-is-at duq.edu>
Date: Tue Feb 05 2008 - 06:45:02 PST

Andy,

I'd like to lean more about this too. Regarding Vygotsky specifically, all I
have to hand is Yaroshevsky's biography, in which we're told that while
still in school when he started a debating society "Hegel became his idol in
philosophy; under Hegel's impact, he attempted to apply the general schema
of thesis-antithesis-synthesis to explanations of the course of historical
events" (p. 34).

Martin