RE: [xmca] neoformation

From: Michael Glassman <MGlassman who-is-at ehe.osu.edu>
Date: Mon Feb 04 2008 - 05:16:28 PST

You know it also might be the other way around, that people in the U.S. are not really that taken with Vygotsky but with the zpd because it fits relatively well in to modern mainstream discourse in the United States in studying children (it can be isolated, it can be measured, it measures a particular aspect of the child - cognitive development, its contextual aspects are limited), and they are happy to associate Vygotsky with the ZPD.

Michael