Re: [xmca] my new questions/Martin's article

From: Martin Packer <packer who-is-at duq.edu>
Date: Tue Feb 19 2008 - 07:48:37 PST

David,

I certainly agree that 'analysis' is a method that Vygotsky got from
Capital, and he uses Marx's 'abstraction' as an illustration of it. At the
same time he wrote that historical materialism was too specific to be
transfered directly to psychology, and that what was needed instead was a
'biological materialism and psychological materialism' which had not yet
been invented.

Martin