RE: [xmca] my new questions

From: Carrie Lobman <lobman who-is-at rci.rutgers.edu>
Date: Wed Feb 13 2008 - 09:25:59 PST

Hi Vesna,

I couldn't agree more--we are most able to see our ability to keep playing
with our roles in social contexts that are being organized to support
development.

Your response to me is a yes and to what I was saying. I also see people as
able to use their roles as the ongoing material for the improvisational play
that is our lives. For example, yesterday in one of my graduate classes I
asked the students to create a performance of themselves as graduate
students. They looked at me like I was crazy and said, "But we are graduate
students." I said, "I know, now I want you to do the performance of graduate
students." They created a fascinating, funny, and in many ways more
developed performance of the class. Very interesting experience for them and
me.

Carrie