Re: [xmca] ego, self, etc.

From: Andy Blunden <ablunden who-is-at mira.net>
Date: Thu Jan 31 2008 - 14:59:48 PST

Mmm. I wouldn't use "subjectivism" in a way quite symmetrical with
"objectivism." I still reserve "subjectivism" for the way it was used in
"Party talk," meaning talking things personally, or simply from one's own
point of view, not a theoretical standpoint at all. Nevertheless, there are
of course all sorts of ways people can over-emphasise or overestimate the
role of the individual, the will, the subject, etc., in history or
consciousness.

Andy