RE: [xmca] EngestrXm's theory of expansive learning, views appreciated!

From: merja helle <merja.helle who-is-at helsinki.fi>
Date: Tue Jan 22 2008 - 00:02:05 PST

issues of the object of activity has been discussed in many of the
books/dissertations by researchers in the center for activity theory in
helsinki

power/foucault and activity theory and different interests concerning the
creation of a common object are discussed especially in the following
dissertation from the center. you can upload the english book as a pdf from
the following link.
Most of the dissertion books of the researchers from the center can be
uploaded in english from the ethesis site.

Tiina Kontinen: Learning Challenges of NGOs in Development.
Co-operation of Finnish NGOs in Morogoro, Tanzania.

http://ethesis.helsinki.fi/julkaisut/kay/kasva/vk/kontinen/learning.pdf

In my field of journalism research i have chosen to use the term
heterogeneous object. the interests of different participant are discussed
in the daily work which i describe as a contested
field of negptiations

some other concept used by the people at the center in helsinki have been

Object of activity/Y. Engeström
Dual/double object/Miettinen
Emerging object/Hasu
Partial object/Hasu/engeström
Shared object in Competence Laboratory/Ahonen
Referential object/R.Engerström
Boundary crossing object/Toiviainen
Temporary object of activity in Border Crossing Laboratory/kerosuo
Practical object of transformation/Miettinen/Hyysalo
Object as a Learning Challenge/Seppänen

in the negotiations in a newspaper/magazine one can also observe
Potential object
Rhetorical object
Disrupted object

merja

Merja Helle
Head of Research
IADE, Mediaconcept Laboratory
+358 504485 111
Address: IADE/ Hämeentie 153 B
00560 Helsinki, Finland
merja.helle@iade.fi
"You don't know the facts before you know the fiction"