Re: [xmca] Subject: Verb, Object

From: David Preiss <davidpreiss who-is-at uc.cl>
Date: Tue Jan 01 2008 - 18:31:12 PST

As Luisa, I think that cultural psychology is exactly what are you
referring to, Andy. And I totally agree wit mike that social
psychology refers to a different intellectual domain than the one you
aspire to contribute!
david

On Jan 1, 2008, at 10:32 PM, Andy Blunden wrote:

> I was hesitant in responding to Luisa, and settled for a one-word
> response because I think as the title of a book by Mike Cole, the
> words "Cultural Psychology" have become associated with one
> (Mike's) tendency within the family of tendencies from Symbolic
> Interactionism to CHAT to "Non-classical Psychology". And I didn't
> want to narrow the field prematurely. That's all. But also, yes,
> I'd like to hear what the author of a book with that title meant by
> it! That's for sure.
>
> Andy
> At 07:55 PM 1/01/2008 -0500, you wrote:
>> I take it that Andy's asking why this would not be discussed
>> within the framework of Mike's book "Cultural Psychology," in
>> which the meaning of that terminology, within his framework, is
>> elaborated.
>>
>> On Tue, 1 Jan 2008, Paul Dillon wrote:
>>
>>> great, but would someone please tell me exactly what "culture"
>>> means.
>>>
>>> Paul
>>>
>>> Andy Blunden <ablunden@mira.net> wrote:
>>> Sure.
>>> Andy

>>> Andy Blunden : http://home.mira.net/~andy/ tel (H) +61 3 9380 9435,
>>> mobile 0409 358 651

>> Tony Whitson
>> UD School of Education
>> NEWARK DE 19716
>>
>> twhitson@udel.edu
>
> Andy Blunden : http://home.mira.net/~andy/ tel (H) +61 3 9380
> 9435, mobile 0409 358 651

David Preiss, Ph.D.
Subdirector de Extensión y Comunicaciones
Escuela de Psicología
Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile
Av Vicuña Mackenna 4860
Macul, Santiago
Chile

Fono: 3544605