Re: RES: [xmca] social memory

From: Mark deBoer <mark who-is-at ias-group.com>
Date: Sun Dec 30 2007 - 21:15:43 PST

There is also a recent publication (book) called 'Field of Spears' by
Gregory Hadley. It is an account of the crash of a B-29 in Niigata
during WW2 just weeks before the Hiroshima bombing. (Niigata was one
of the cities initially targeted for the atomic bomb).

In this account, author interviews both sides of the survivors
(American plane crew) and the Niigata villagers and accounts their
reflections of that period of time. This happened over 60 years ago
and accounts from the families of those who died are also documented.

It isn't intended to be a scientific paper, but as a documentary to
outline what happens to those who 'survive' the war and the types of
people we become during times of war. The interviews throughout the
book are well documented and very thorough accounts of what happened.

I don't know how relevant this is, but I thought it would be an
interesting addition outside of the regular publications from journals.

Mark