[xmca] social memory

From: Paul Dillon <phd_crit_think who-is-at yahoo.com>
Date: Sun Dec 30 2007 - 10:58:58 PST

A general question for any bibliographic help .

  I am advising a student preparing his bachillerato (5 year program) thesis. He wants to study how memories of significant events (in this case events during the period of political violence here during the 80s) are transmitted between the generation that experienced them and the generation following. He also would like to explore how this affects "identity" but I have suggested that he simply focus on the transmission of the memories of events that affected the entire group of community members with whom he's working. I suspect that questions of identity (us/them) will emerge in the process of exploring this process.

  So, could anyone help me with some biblio references in this direction?

  Thank you in advance.

  Paul