Re: [xmca] Skype

From: Mike Cole <lchcmike who-is-at gmail.com>
Date: Fri Dec 28 2007 - 11:11:30 PST

If you do not mind, Mark, I would like to put your note on using skype for
group video/audio
interaction up on XMCA web page. I summarized things very well. It is also
possible to
video record on skype, but I am not sure how many perspectives at once or
how.

As Andy notes, time is an issue. A-synchronicity has its affordances too.
But right now, Skype is amazingly effective for a free medium.

My preference is to bring graduate students into the process, somehow, in
connection
with our teaching and research - for both pedagogical and monetary reasons.

mike