Re: [xmca] Blunden on Subjects

From: Steve Gabosch <sgabosch who-is-at comcast.net>
Date: Tue Dec 18 2007 - 14:31:57 PST

My immediate impulse is to suggest that the kind of subject Andy is
trying to describe is one that requires a mastery of both nomothetic
AND idiographic thinking - and SOMETHING MORE, borne of both the
integration and transcendence of these forms of thinking, yet to be
clearly discovered, partially envisioned by Vygotsky and others.

This Wikipedia article is an interesting thought-provoker on the
terms nomothetic and idiographic.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idiographic

For those searching around for the e-mail Mike posted Andy's article
in, here is the .pdf:

- Steve